CEDAR PARK, Texas — Looking to dress up as a fictional character, meet celebrities and freely geek out? The Greater Austin Comic Con runs from July 9-10 at the H-E-B- Center in Cedar Park and it has everything that’d make for a great weekend out with family or friends.
If you’re of the competitive spirit, bring out your best costume for a cosplay contest. The event has different categorical brackets determined by age and artistic skill.
Want to share some memorable moments with stars? Snag a photo with a celeb. You all can follow the photo op schedule here.
Catch Billy Dee Williams, John Glover, Adrienne Barbeau and many more at the con.
To sit in on celebrity talks, in which they discuss their career and most notable roles, look at the panel schedule.
There’s plenty to do for kids as well, with a zone designated for child-friendly activities.
For some extra partying, join the kick-off or the unofficial after-party.
Here are some general rules to keep in mind, according to Greater Austin Comic Con:
- You must always wear your badge or wristbands while at Greater Austin Comic Con.
- Be nice and have fun! All your fellow GACC con goers are there to have a good time, so be friendly, make new friends, and have a good time at Greater Austin Comic Con!
- Offensive behavior should be kept out of GACC and reserved for the privacy of your own home. Greater Austin Comic Con staff and security have the right to ask you to leave the convention without refunding the cost of your badge/wristband if you are behaving in an inappropriate fashion.
- Please wear appropriate clothing while attending GACC. You can refer to our costume policy for details.
- Please abide by our weapons policy. In the harsh reality of our times, our security staff and local law enforcement will treat anything that looks like a real gun as a real gun.
- While we don’t want anyone to lose anything, GACC is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged property or for injuries sustained during Greater Austin Comic Con.
- Please do not abuse the convention facilities. This includes putting signs on walls, littering, and smoking in non-designated smoking areas, among other things.
- Special events and guests are subject to change or cancellation without notice–sometimes last-minute. We will notify you of any changes via the Greater Austin Comic Con website and our social media channels.
- By purchasing a badge/wristband and being admitted to Greater Austin Comic Con, the holder consents to being recorded (by audio, visual and/or other means) for exhibition and exploitation by any means in all media now known or hereafter devised worldwide in perpetuity.
- All autograph and badge/wristband sales are final. No refunds or exchanges will be given.
Read the con’s COVID protocols.
Purchase your con tickets here.